As good design cannot be measured in a finite way he set about expressing the ten most important principles for what he considered was good design (Sometimes they're referred to as the Ten Commandments of Design).
The Ten Commandments of Design
- One: Good design is innovative.
- Two: Good design makes a product useful.
- Three: Good design is aesthetic.
- Four: Good design makes a product understandable.
- Five: Good design is unobtrusive.
- Six: Good design is honest.
- Seven: Good design is long-lasting.
- Eight: Good design is thorough down to the last detail.
- Nine: Good design is environmentally friendly.
- Ten: Good design is as little design as possible.
If you'd like to learn more about the legendary designer Dieter Rams or the Ten Commandments of Design, try one of the links below.